Interview with Martina Trifunoska, Junior Developer from the Telecom division - "If you want to learn about the Telecom systems, the best thing to do is to enroll in this program. Telecom systems are extensive and complex, there is always something new to learn, and that makes work interesting"
What does being an IT Telecom talent mean?
- Being an IT Telecom talent means having both business and technical knowledge of how Telecom Billing systems work, understanding the service provider from a business perspective, that is, managing users and offering services, and understanding the coding standards, the development procedures and the process of debugging and tracking errors during development.
Can you describe the training process on the Telecom talent program?
- In 2021, the year I enrolled in the Telecom talent program, it was held online for the first time and lasted one month. The training was delivered in two parts, the first one focusing on development and the second one on testing. We were first introduced to billing systems and their system architecture and then we started solving actual problems from the Telecom domain. The technology that we used was SingleView Billing System with one of its subsystems, Convergent Billing. During the development phase, we also learned a lot about database systems. The testing phase started with introduction to SDLC, methodologies and types of testing, psychology and principles of testing. We wrote test scenarios and manually executed them in SingleView. During this whole process, we were guided by the most professional developers and testers who were fully committed to passing their knowledge to us.
What surprised you the most when you started working at Seavus?
- I was most pleasantly surprised by our colleagues on the team, who always and without exception found the time between their busy work schedules to help us, the beginners, solve our daily tasks.
What do you enjoy the most in your role as an IT Telecom talent?
- The thing that I like the most is that each workday as an IT Telecom talent is different. The Telecom systems are so extensive and complex that there is always something new to learn, and this makes the job interesting.
What keeps you motivated in your workplace at Seavus?
- The greatest motivation in Seavus is the feedback we get from the mentors, who make sure we know we are appreciated for the work we’ve done. The fact that there is always someone to learn from is also an advantage as it helps me upgrade professionally and as a person.
What is the working environment like?
- The working environment is positive and friendly. There is excellent communication and collaboration between all team members. Colleagues respect each other regardless of their position in the company, and everyone is helpful. And when an employee is motivated and happy at the workplace, they do their best to get the best results.
Why do you recommend applying for the Telecom Talent program?
- Applying for the Telecom Talent program was one of the best decisions I have made after I decided to start a career in the IT world. If you want to learn about the Telecom systems, the best thing to do is to enroll in this program where you will learn from the best in the field. After finishing the program, you will have a chance to be part of the Seavus family, where you will meet great people ready to help you grow in your career. In Seavus, if you are hardworking, you will never stop progressing.
Apply for the new Telecom talent program here.