Our colleague Bojan Soklevski, who has finished the Telecom Talent Program and now works as an Intermediate Testing Engineer in the Telecom division, shares his experience of working at Seavus and why he recommends applying to the Telecom Talent Program.
Describe your typical day at work.
- My workday usually begins at 9 a.m. with a cup of coffee and a good mood. 😊 During the day we have a few meetings, where we consider testing strategies and try to come up with techniques on how to increase our efficiency at work and get the best and fastest results. My work consists mostly of writing feature test cases, executing test scenarios, validating and verifying results.
What is your best experience in Seavus so far?
- It’s difficult to say. All the projects I’ve worked on for the past three years at Seavus have brought some new experience and each of them has given me an opportunity to improve my technical knowledge. On one of these projects, for example, we tested the system and observed how it interacted on the frontend part. At the moment, I’m working with API, which is the backend part. If I had to choose a single best experience, I would probably choose my current project as there are so many things that I’m learning every day. And learning new things is always fun and exciting.
What is the most exciting part about working at Seavus?
- Well, I’ve always wanted to work for a company that would support my professional growth, so one of the things I’m most excited about is the fact that Seavus offers various courses to its employees. Another thing that I truly appreciate is the way Seavus cares about our wellbeing. This has been proven many times so far and was especially evident during the Covid pandemic, when they were reasonable and understanding of employees’ health care needs. And for the whole time we worked from home, they found ways to keep us motivated, by surprising us with gift packages and organizing social gatherings for colleagues.
What motivates you most at Seavus?
- The learning opportunities and my coworkers. Seavus offers a lot of internal courses from which you can learn a lot. While taking the ISTQB certificate, my colleagues and I organized internal study groups to help and motivate each other. In Seavus, you can also learn from the many experienced coworkers who are always happy to help you overcome daily obstacles and teach you new skills.
Why do you recommend applying for the Telecom Talent program?
- For me personally, applying for the Telecom Talent program was one of the best career decisions I’ve made. The teachers were very professional and approachable. Whenever someone had difficulty understanding something, the mentors were always helpful. During the one-month Telecom Talent program, you’ll learn everything you need to know about Linux, as well as how to work with databases, write test cases, report defects and so on.
What is your best advice for students who are about to start their careers?
- Small opportunities are often the beginning of great achievements, so go out there and seize them.
Apply for the Telecom Talent program here, the deadline for application is 30.09.2022.